Description: If your traveling to New York City there is a 2/3 chance you will be in queens right off the bat! Queens is home to two of the three commercial airports in the NY metropolitan area, JFK International Airport & LaGuardia Airport. So while you are there why not stay put, explore Queens and enjoy all the attractions.
- Visit Flushing Meadows Corona Park, located in the heart of Queens, this park is the second largest public park in New York City at over 1,250 acres.
- One the most famous features is the theme symbol of the park that is the 140-foot tall Unisphere structure.
- Flushing-Meadow Corona Park is also where Hong Kong Dragon Ball Festival, and Cinco de Mayo festivals occurred.
- Among other great attractions is Meadow Lake, USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, Queens Theatre in the Park, the New York Hall of Science, and the Queens Museum of Art.
- Long Island City’s Socrates Sculpture Park is one of our favorite spots to picnic or just admire the beautiful iconic skyline of Manhattan from across the river. And when you are done with the sites you can enjoy the open-air art gallery.
- Movie Buff? Visit the Studio Café in the Kaufman Astoria Studios and the Museum of Moving Images. You.
Baseball fan? Don’t worry we have not forgotten the Citi Field & New York Mets baseball team. The Citi Field Park has been known to have many attractions and events such as shows by Paul McCartney and the Dave Matthews Band. So if you have the time and the chance you should batter up!
Enjoy a Customized adVenture
At Venture we would love to give you a unique and memorable experience! Whether you are exploring solo or with a pack, we can assist with whatever your needs are. From transportation to and from New York City (flight, train, bus or car), to accommodation in Queens and even set of tours and events that you can attend. Don’t worry about getting around we will get you a metro/bus pass. You will also receive a map of New York City to help you navigate and a list of restaurants and events in Queens that will ensure a stress free itinerary.